Old 05-29-2013, 07:51 AM
knabino

Default Newbie from the Frozen Tundra of Illinois

Hi there. I'm Teresa G from northern Illinois. New to this forum but not quite new to quilting. I started quilting about 14 years ago when I moved from California to Illinois. Took a few breaks here and there due to life but got back into it more steadily early last year. I joined a BOM from a LQS in Lockport and have been working on a few other BOMs since then.

Almost 2 weeks ago, I challenged a friend of mine to working on the Dear Jane Quilt. I started working on one years ago, but with several house moves, have misplaced my book and the few blocks I had started. My friend accepted the challenge and we both ordered new books and the software. Waiting for both to come so I can have some fun :-) It was through a posting from someone on the Dear Jane mailing list that I found this board.

Years ago, I belonged to a couple different quilting groups on Yahoo, both of which are now defunct :-(

Other things about me - I am in my early 40s (that's hard to say from time to time), have 3 grown kids ages 23, 21, & 18. In addition to quilting, I like to do counted cross stitch, cook, spend time outdoors, dabble in photography, enjoy micro/craft beers (both drinking and brewing) and am an avid Criminal Minds & Star Trek fan.