Old 05-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Cecilia S.

I am so excited to have found this group of Old Machine Enthusiasts!!!! I am very new to sewing, and I love old solid things. I could not stomach the idea of going to Sears and buying a plastic machine that sounds like a stitching staple gun. So I am now suddenly the proud owner of:

1) Single-stitch White brand machine, blue in colour, just gorgeous to see, hear, and feel.
2) Centennial Featherweight, barely been used, the lady had the needle in backwards and just thought it did not work well; I bought it for a song and had no idea that the blue-rimmed badge meant Centennial, meant Collector's Item!
3) Bernina Lemon #1: Record 530, the nicest bedside lamp I have ever had. Motor turns out to be burnt out and not replaceable. :-(
4) Bernina Lemon #2: 730, turns out to have a cracked gear. Someday I will tinker and replace. Otherwise --pristine--.
5) Green Elna Supermatic. Needs new friction wheel, but otherwise I think maybe it was used six times. So pretty.
6) Elna SU 62, in great shape but needs ongoing de-gunking and de-nicotine-ing from the heavy smoker who owned it previously.
7) Phoenix 429. Nicknamed: The Beast, for it looks a bit scary and if I were a child, I'd probably have nightmares about it!

Am insane? ;-) I guess we may all have a collector's streak in us. Okay, next I will try to send some photos of The Beast! :-)

-C.