Old 05-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Quilter 65

Default D4P With Sashing that I had asked for help on Top Finished

A few days ago, I asked for input about sashing/no sashing on a D4P. The majority was to complete it that way rather than rip out. So that is what I did. I am very pleased with the result. I had intended to use the flowery material in the setting triangles, but since it required 18 1/2 squares, I found that I didn't have enough fabric. So I HAD to go to the Hickory Stick in Hannibal and there some wonderful people helped me find this shadowplay that I used and I really like it. It will also serve as a perfect backdrop for some luscious feathers. So I present to you: A D4P WITH Sashing and piano key borders (also a first and used up a lot of my scraps). I hope you like it. On the design wall the top border doesn't show..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]416193[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]416194[/ATTACH] Close up of blocks and sashing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]416195[/ATTACH]
Close-up of border and corners. Didn't feel like the hassle of mitering in the corner so used a 4-patch in a square to echo the four-patch in the blocks. Used Rhonda's method, or at least how I interpreted it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]416196[/ATTACH]

Close up of corner with border and sashing. In retrospect, I think a cornerstone at the junctions would have been nice, but I was wanting to get it DONE so didn't do that. I do think it would have formed a secondary pattern that would have been good.

Thanks for your input. I hope you like the way it turned out. It looks good on our bed and even though I thought I would use it for a raffle quilt, I may rethink that decision. It really goes well with our decor. Have a great weekend everyone.
Attached Thumbnails 100_3138-small-.jpg   100_3136-small-.jpg   100_3135-small-.jpg   100_3140-small-.jpg