View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 02:25 PM
VIKINGQUEEN

What I like to do with the scraps I have left over, is since they are already evenly cut, I sew them together in any manner that I grab them. Or I use them to practice other block designs, (log cabin, stars, etc). Once I have a decent amout size, like a 5" or there abouts. I cut it into even shapes of 4", or 5" squares or circles, depending on my mood. Then I make them into PIN CUSHIONS. Fill them with the remaining pieces that I cut off or us rice & give them to other quilters. All of us can always use another pin cushion & its a little reminder of an even bigger gift given, the finished quilt. Pin cushions area small, quick & easy projects, to keep those quilting skills sharp or try a little bit of hand quilting, with "instant gratification", as my sister would say. Or the practice squares can be kept as small samples for future projects without taking up too much space. As quilters, we are always working on more than 1 quilt or before we're done with what we are currently working on, our minds are already thinking about the next project! Why not use the scraps to make a small model/sample of a future block pattern without wasting fabric that will be used on the next project & also see how it would look in different color?