View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:10 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by willferg View Post
That's why I love Craigslist - I search for fabric under yard sales and arts and crafts and have come across some good deals. I'm supposed to meet with a woman next week who is going to be moving shortly and wants to sell off some of her stash that is in "bins and bins" in a storage unit. I'm excited – it could be lots of old, smelly calicos, or it could be a gold mine. Such is the thrill of the hunt!
I've seen toooooo much over priced fabric on Craigslist. Latest one yard of 62" wide silk-------$45.

The first place I went I found 6 flannel sheets that I'll reclaim to use in rag blankets and for backing. One king sized beige cotton sheet that I'll save for quilt backing--------next to new. One nice dark red sheet of a solid. or backing. Then at second stop, several small pieces of fabric. Soooooooooooo I skipped the other 3 stops.

Oh, one great find--------lined white linen pants. Got them on now and they are very comfy. Don't know about outside in the summer. Also a cute dress for my GD. Another pair of pants and one pair of shorts