Old 05-31-2013, 05:23 AM
gardnergal970

I'm here QNS. I've been working in the garden in the morning this week. I got Easy Street bordered and to the quilter in Tuesday. I've started a class project that I'm planning to use as a quilt for my great grand. Plus I've had a very special quilt spinning around in my head that I want to start NOW! My DGS was in an IED attack 2 1/2 years ago and now has PTS among other things. He was getting better physically....he still had all of his limbs but a vertebrae in his back was broken and they finally got that fixed but he still has problems with his back...but he was stuck so far as anything that he might want to do after he's discharged from the Army. Along comes this young father who is stuck in the Army for medical reasons also...nothing from battle though....and he's sort of taken my DGS under his wing and he has helped my DGS see some possibilities as well as get some fun out of their situation now. It has been so encouraging for the entire family!! Anyway I found this quilt pattern on Moda The Morris Apprentice that would use up leftovers from PC and Jamestown and make a really nice quilt for him and his family and it's calling to me real loud.
DD...that block is perfect.
JanRn....happy ending to the house sale.
Carrie...have you tried glue basting for your DD? It works really great and especially for smaller QAYG projects.
QuiltE...I've found a cow pattern but have to scan it into my other computer which I just haven't gotten to.
OK...I too love clematis. The one I planted last year has bloomed and two of the five I planted this year are blooming.
QNS....you got your DH moved into his room because the stress level was high when you worked together....having him move back in seems to be a step backwards. Why not have him keep his machine and do all if his piecing in his room and only use the new machine for quilting? Easy for me to say, huh?
Honchey...short hair works great for the summer. I did enjoy seeing your picture.
Groceries this morning and sewing this afternoon. It promises to be a rainy, stormy day. Stay safe everyone!