View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 07:00 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Just a word of advice. Unless you chew gum and don't have problems with your ears, you may want to take a decongestant about 10-15 minutes before boarding. It keeps the ear canals open so you don't get an earache. I have a horrible time flying. You may want to check with your physician if you're just getting rid of a cold and have your ears checked. Believe me it helps. You'll want to ask them, maybe for a prescription depending on your general health. it's usually worse for me when ascending and descending because of the change in cabin pressure. A friend of mine was getting ready to fly with their 7 month old who was a little sniffly. She took him to the pediatrician. He had a cold and the onset of an ear infection. This was 4 days before they were to fly. The pediatrician said the child would've been in so much pain. With the medication for the cold (he got over) she gave him the meds for the congestion before the flight and he was the best passenger on the flight. The pediatrician informed her that anyone who gets ready to fly and has ear problems should visit their physician first and get flight OK'd and take a decongestant before they fly.