View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Friday1961

Default Warm Wishes in pink, purple, green

This is the second thing I've quilted on my Brother Innov'is 450Q machine. Larger at about 76x76 than the Dogs on the Beach attic window quilt but somehow lighter -- quality of fabric, I assume. This one was easier to quilt, too, but I think that's just because I had more confidence and knew what to expect. The color in the photo of the quilt back is not true, not sure why. Probably my camera setting. In any case, the fabric is the same as on the front. And the fabric on the back is straight, though it looks a little screwy in the picture.

Funny thing about this quilt. I fell in love with the paisley fabric and had to have it, not knowing what I would do with it. When I saw the Warm Wishes pattern I thought it would be perfect, using the paisley as the focus fabric. Then after I got the top made, I realized I didn't like it at all! Not sure why, but it had to do with that paisley print. Then, finally, after I got it quilted I've discovered I like it again. Go figure, huh? Maybe I'm just a moody quiltmaker!

I'm making myself finish all the tops I've pieced before I'll let myself do anything new. At first I hated myself for being such an unreasonable taskmaster ....but now I'm kind of on a roll and don't mind as much. For one thing, there's a great feeling of accomplishment in getting them done!

Thanks for looking![ATTACH=CONFIG]416409[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]416408[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails warm-wishes-quilt-front-back-004.jpg   warm-wishes-quilt-front-back-001.jpg