Old 05-31-2013, 05:03 PM
BertieD

gaiatender, like you, I have a wedding dress to do something with some day. It was my niece's daughter's, whose marriage should have never taken place and lasted about two months. She was going to put the dress in a church rummage sale. I think this was about an $800 dress and it is simply gorgeous! But it is too beautiful to cut up! I don't really know where to start and until I can decide what to do with it, I have it hanging from the ceiling in spare bedroom where I put my quilt tops. I see that beautiful dress every time I go down the hall. It has a long train with beautiful, fantastic lace, pearl insets, etc. and those go all the way around the hem of the dress! My wedding dress from 1960 became a Fairy Godmother's dress in the early 1980's. I knew my daughter would never want to wear it so gave it to my niece to make a Halloween costume. My hubby about had a stroke when he passed through the kitchen to see her in my dress, standing on the dining table, and her mother and I could whacking it off! It basically just had tulle ruffles for the skirt so no big loss; besides I didn't plan on wearing it again, haha. Beautiful beaded, sequined bodice and long lace sleeves and lace overlays on the side of skirt. Cost $40 because I wanted long sleeves and it was considered a Winter gown and I was being married in May so it was half price. Worked for me!

Okay, Cogito, send me your snail addy and I will send your June quilt to you! Got the label sewn on and it's good to go!