View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 11:14 PM
petthefabric

One year, I was the coordinator to make the raffle quilt. We chose a special event for the area: Blossom Trail is celebrating the fruit trees in the area. There's special activities through the season. So we took photos of the trees, blossoms, etc. and printed them on fabric.

Made a pp block of square in a square (photo fabric was the center square) that had a secondary design of directional arrows to follow the route.

We had a work day and I set it up like an assembly line. There was one person with a big heart who doesn't realize her skills are marginal. I set her up cutting and checked on her often. Since it was paper pieced, she didn't have to be very accurate.

Set up couples with one experienced and one beginner together. When all the blocks were complete, I assemble it. Someone was a professional LAQ. I did the binding.

That quilt and the extra efforts in marketing, earned the most $ ever for a raffle quilt at that guild. Due to the subject matter, it was a great hit during that season of the year and got special media publicity.