View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:51 AM
nancia

jolo-- we'd love some pictures, please! we're very visual, and all the other senses , too. how did you get started on landscapes and scenics? what inspired you? and what guided you? i want to try everything!!

suzie-- i'm still stuck on 5's. and the snap dragon thing! i finally found a snapdragon plant, and i have the snaps. did some rough sketches and when i say rough.....nearly skinned my knuckles right off! dh could tell what they were, but he's a botanist and had the live flowers in front of him. i have discovered that drawing skills need to be used or they fly out the window! i will add that to my daily to do list.
as a break from all things quilty, i made a dress for one of my 18" dolls. had to get this one! she is made by madame alexander and is named..............(wait for it)............................................... ............OLIVIA! since i have an olivia and have great hopes of acquiring another ( i'm talking about my real live dgd, and my daughter's love's daughter, who with luck will become another dgd), this doll just seemed meant to be for me! she was $18, which is a right amount, too. yay, zuilily!!
when i'm not buying fabric, i'm buying doll stuff. lol. these started out with the dolls my daughter was "too old" to play with. guess i'm in my 49th childhood, or i never got out of my first! lololol

Last edited by nancia; 06-01-2013 at 09:56 AM.