View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 02:56 PM
cathyvv

Default SIL quilt from kids shirts

Last summer my DH and I went to OH to help my daughter and her husband move. About that - never again, as we (DH and I) worked for 6 weeks cleaning, sorting, donating, tossing stuff. My SIL (works in IT) had a release during the week before the move, and my DD had weight loss surgery a couple of days after we got there. So they were unavailable...

The two boys, then 12 and 9 helped as much as they could, and did a good job of what they did.

During the 6 weeks, I found a number of 100% cotton woven shirts that the boys had outgrown - sizes from 8 to 12-14, and thought that they would look great in a quilt. Since I don't make quilts for family unless they ask, I asked my SIL if he would like a quilt made using the shirts. His response? "I was wondering what I'd have to do to get one!"

I took that as a yes, and have worked on it on and off since last summer. The final quilt, Lap size, is the third iteration...couldn't try it again as I was running out of shirt! Lap size, 50 x 55,

All it needs now is a label, and then I can give it to him for Fathers Day.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails andrews-quilt-smaller.jpg   pocket.jpg   center-andrews-quilt.jpg   back-andrews-quilt.jpg