Old 06-01-2013, 05:56 PM
pyffer3

Default can't stop sewing scraps...part 3 fabric chose for border

Everyone was so great with advice on my scrap sewing "problem" LOL...(see previous posts). Well I went to Joannes and 'auditoned' fabrics for my scrappy 6 inch blocks. Here is a pic of what I decided. This was the first fabric I picked up. I ended up trying 3 different fabrics and by the time I had my squares laid out on each one I found quite the crowd gathered to see what I was doing. 100% said to go with the green so that is what I did. Then when I went to get it cut and found it was 5 1/2 yards and I really only wanted about 4 I ask the person cutting what kind of deal would she give me if I took it all and she gave me the full 5.5 yards for 1/2 price ($3.00 per yard) and then when I check out I used a 15% off coupon and then the gal said there was a 40% off she would use from the flyer in addition to the 15%. So, basically I go 5.5 yards of fabric for less than $10.00 including a spool of thread. Never happen again in a million years! I plan to use the surplus green with some additional squares to make curtains, throw pillows and maybe a wall hanging. Cheap way to redo the room.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]416602[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscn0563.jpg