View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 07:55 PM
nstitches4u

You will love Hawaii. I flew over in 1968 to meet my husband on his R&R leave during the Vietnam war. We stayed on Oahu. We walked everywhere. The weather was beautiful. (late March) We went on a cruise of the islands 3 years ago to celebrate our 45th anniversary. (mid December) The weather was beautiful then too. The weather in Hawaii is pretty much the same all the time. Gorgeous! Temp in the low to mid 80's. The Polynesian Cultural Center is wonderful. Be sure to go to a luau. We asked one of the locals if there were any quilt shops in the Honolulu area. He gave us directions to Fabric Mart. He said all the costumers for the shows at the Polynesian Cultural Center got the fabric from Fabric Mart. We got a taxi and went there. Two stories of fabric! I only wish that we had more time there. We only had a few hours from the time the ship docked until we had to catch our flight back home. I managed to buy 69 yards of Hawaiian cottons, assorted cotton prints and Batiks. I can really shop fast when I have to! lol Enjoy your trip!