Thread: North to Alaska
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Vera39760

We just returned from 7 day cruise. We had great weather, but the week before rained the entire trip. We were fortunate from what I understand. I needed a coat topside, but ended up carrying it in the different ports. I had a few long sleeve shirts, a couple of sweat shirts a light jacket and a wind breaker jacket. I wore the shirts, never wore the sweatshirts, wore the light jacket and the windbreaker over the light jacket when topside on the ship. I had a problem with sea sickness (3 out of 7 days). The next cruise I intend to start taking meds before getting on the ship and take them until off of it for good. I've had sea sickness problems in the Caribbean also, so it wasn't just this trip.

We went to quilt shops at every port. The quilt shop in Skagway has a good Internet site. I can order some of the material I didn't get that I wanted. DH was concerned about being able to get everything back into our luggage. i kept telling him not to worry about it. I would find a way to get it all in the suitcases. I had some things we bought mailed home. I'm still waiting for a doll I bought.

We took the train rides in Skagway, and tram in Juneau. I had to recharge my camera several times and used all of an 8g card. Between DH and myself we have over 1000 pics. I got an Alaskan themed scrapbook on the ship with a couple of accessory packs.

Our ship was the Carnival Miracle. We used their transfer service to and from the airport. It made it easy dealing with luggage and used their luggage express leaving the ship. They provided airline tags for luggage and picked it up the night before. We got our boarding passes on the ship and went straight through security to our gate. We didn't have to deal with our luggage until we got back to Mobile, AL. The only bad part of our trip was the flight from Mobile to Seattle. It was long and the seats got hard.

This trip was for our 40th anniversary. Mom wants to go to go on an Alaskan cruise now. I told her I'd go with her.