View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
BarbWork......years ago when I very first started making what I call sandwich quilts & just tied my quilts I used lots of sheets for backing. Still do if I know they are going to some of my kids because they just want a blanket made by mom don't necessary take care of things the way they should. I was rudely told those are not quilts, I was crushed because as I got better making 9 patchs & the more easier basic cuts [w/o any rulers] I was pretty darn proud of myself. I was raised by parents that taught me not to waste anything and I continue w/ that thought. I don't make my quilts to be judged, they are made w/ love and unless others are lying to me they have been appreciated over the years. Yes sometimes I think it would be nice to be able to afford nothing but the best but this is a hobby for me & I love the hunt.
I'll guarantee you a comment like that would make me angry--------I'd fight back somehow. Maybe demand a dictionary to let her/him prove their point.

Please, dear Crafti, next time just laugh and KNOW that person is blowing smoke.