View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:59 AM
feffertim

Default love my new going to class machine

I have two excellent machines, a Janome and a Viking, but they are both so heavy to take to classes so I have been looking for an inexpensive light weight machine for a while. I finally bought the Brother PC 420 PRW. It is a limited edition, (PRW stands for project runway ). I was skeptical to say the least, and had almost decided to return it, but I opened the box and started playing and boy I was so impressed with this machine. It sews beautifully, has an automatic needle threader that works better than the ones on my high end machines, it has a knee lift, a thread cutter, and comes with a walking and quilting foot included. I am in love with this machine and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good machine to take to classes. I found it on line at Walmart for $399, more expensive on some of the other on line stores. I am doing a happy dance. The 1/4 inch seams are perfect, something I usually struggle with. You can see a video of it on youtube. The manual is excellent, has many many stitches, and is a great buy in my opinion.