Thread: marking quilts
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 05:45 AM
callen

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I mark the border as I am pinning the quilt. It is a good time to do your calculations that you need to do in order to fit the stencil properly into the length of your border. Good luck and take your time. If your border is dark, I always like to use the Clover white chalk liner. The white chalk comes off easily but stay away from the BLUE !! It does NOT come over EVER !!!
I also use the Clover chalk markers & the white removes very easily BUT the YELLOW is not so forgiving. I just finished a Breast Cancer Ribbon quilt, which I am donating for a charity golf tournament & had to use the yellow to mark a design & it does not come off. Thank goodness I only used it on a 3 blocks but have tried everything & it is so stubborn. My quilt is now in the wash & hopefully that will help. I used some Dawn dish soap on it & I'm hoping things will improve. Also have the blue but have not used it yet & probably won't now that I have had so much trouble with the yellow. The White is a piece of cake to remove. Sooooooooooo frustrating.