Old 06-04-2013, 07:21 AM
dublb

Hey Ya'll. I thought I'd let yall know about my retreat. Hmmm where ta start. I guess at the beginin'. The first day I drove ta my first friend;s house that is between Bluff Dale & Granburry. (Just south west ' FT Worth. More south than west.) I did stop at 2 LQS's on the way. The Next day Friend #1 & I headed ta Oklahoma City ta pick up friend #2. We were gonna meet at the I Hop that is on the way ta Springfield Missouri. Except for my GPS goin' out, things were agoin' smoothly till we approached Moore OK. The traffic was backed up for 2 hours. They were still cleanin' up from the Tornado & took up several lanes ta do that. We finally got ta the I Hop & ate a very late lunch. Friend #2 drove almost all the rest o' the trip. We used her GPS. At some point between OK City & Springfield there seemed ta be a slight vibration. We thought it was some o' the stuff we packed. It was a bit irritatin'. After we got ta the Hotel friend #3 met us there. I left them at the hotel & DB picked me up. I spent 3 hours at their house. That was fun.
The next mornin' the 4 o' us left Springfield for the longest drive o' the trip (I thought.LOL) It took up 10 hours ta git ta Crestwood Kentucky (just East o' Louisville.) We went through St Louis & passed the Arch & went over the Mississippi! Such neat bridges! Friend #2 did all o' the drivin'. I had a great time at the retreat. Made new friends & stayed up so very late several nights. I was agoin' ta bed when people were gittin' up. I taught a class on my method o' freezer paper PP that took much longer than I had planed. Several people said that they still didn't like PP but felt that they could do it now. Several people said that it helped 'em git started but then would finish the blocks it their own way, & the rest liked it. I used an easy pattern but explained that if they needed it for a very complicated pattern they now knew how.
While there we discovered that Handcocks o' Paducah was closed for Memorial day. We decided not ta go back home that way, but go back ta Springfield. So the 10 hour drive started late in the day Sun. The vibration became a rattle. We gathered everything that could possibly be loose. DH said ta add a fule injector cleaner on the next fill up. Well that didn't help. I still thought that somethin' was loose in the back.
The next day I spent w/DB & his family & the ladies took my truck & went out for a large FART. I had a great time. I got a personal tour o' the City O' Springfield, went ta Bass Pro Shop. Talk about neat! Went ta 2 Thrift shops. Even DB went ta the thrift shops. I also helped DN ta finish the pillow that she has been hand quiltin' for the last 3 years. She had finished the quiltin & needed ta construct the pillow.
When I got back ta the Hotel I found out that the vibration had made the Sequoia become a great big shakin' machine. The next mornin' we took it ta the Dealership & waited 3 houres ta find out that: yes it is under the extended warranty, the part wasn't in but would be there by 10:00am the next day (2 U joints & the drive shaft,all one big part), yes we would git a rental & the hotel would be covered as well. Friend #3 came back inta town & took 2 o' us shoppin' while Friend #1 stayed in the Hotel. The next mornin' we packed up as soon as we knew that the Part was in & the truck would be done be 12:00. Went shoppin again. After a nice lunch we went back ta the dealership only ta find out that the warranty people were draggin' their feet & not wantin' ta pay. It took 3 hours & till they finally paid. My friends & I were gittin' testy w/each other.) I drove the first 2 hours then had friend #2 do the rest o' the drivin' again. I knew that it was gonna rain & I haven't driven in rain in several years & even then only for about 10 min.s from my house. It did rain really hard. We stayed at friend #2's house in, OK City, that night. The next day we drove ta friend #1's DSis's house in Grand Prairie (a Suberb between Dallas & Ft Worth.) That was just a 3 hour drive. #1DSis is another friend o' mine also. We stayed the night there. ( I was tired & wanted ta take it slow.) The next day we drove back ta #1's house & stayed the night. (A 2 hour drive) We heard about the tornadoes in OK City & called friend #2. She was safe. Sigh o' relief! Sat mornin' I got up & drove the 5 hours home. WOW seein' it in print is a bit overwhelmin'.