Old 06-04-2013, 04:58 PM
ILoveToQuilt

My sewing room is also tiny - 8 ft x 10 ft. I have an L-shaped sewing table in one corner. Have my cutting mat on one side of the L, and my sewing machine on the other. I have no room for a full size (let alone a big board) ironing board, so I use a counter top board on a TV table set at 90 degrees to my machine. (Think of a "U" shape - I sit and sew with my mat on my left, machine in front of me, and ironing board on my right). No room to store fabric as there are 4 floor to ceiling book cases filled with my DH's vinyl record collection. I also share the room with my DH's guitars (6), music stand and stool. I did take over the shallow closet in the room and store my 200+ quilt books on the shelves. Fabric is stored in plastic totes in my garage. Not an ideal place for fabric, but it's the only place I have.

Someday, maybe I'll have a larger sewing space, but right now this is working. If I need more room, I use my dining room table to sew on and set up my full size ironing board in the dining room as well. When I REALLY need space, I go to a friend's quilting studio which is huge.

Anita