View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 07:45 AM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by butterflywing
why don't you want to bookmark them? you can bookmark the yellow pages and it would barely make a dent in the memory, if that's your concern.
or, if you have a mac, you can put them in finder. that way if a site disappears you maintain ll the info anyway.
sorry - i should have explained this better. when you bookmark a site or any information from that site, it's only as permanent as the site. think of the site as a store. you get whatever as you need it. maybe one at a time. but if the store closes, you can't get anything anymore. bookmark is the store. when the store shuts, everything you ever bought there is gone.

on the mac, or somewhere else on windows, there is finder. finder, or something else, is your house. whatever you bought at the store, is safely at home with you even f the store closes down. if the store closes, you have your thing in your pantry at home. you can't lose it. think of the site as the store here, too.

anyone who knows me, knows i'm no computer genius, but this was the way my dil explained it to me, and it works! before this i lost some of my favorite patterns because the site went away and took everything with it.

does anyone out there understand this garble?

i have my folder titled quilting. i have sub-folders set up as patterns, websites, tutorials, videos, etc. i add as needed. whatever is in finder, or the equivalent, is forever and takes up one pimple on an elephant.