Old 02-19-2008, 11:56 AM
june6995

Hey there, Calico.......I have a Bailey 13 inch and if I were 20 years younger i would have bought the 15 inch. I was pinching pennies a bit because I have no idea how many years of use I will get. That is important. Think ahead and what you want to do with a quilting machine. Get the best you can afford. And I am aware that young women with families do not have the extra funds for this type equipment. It is a long term purchase.

I want to say that the Bailey family are great to business with. iIhave called Mr. Bailey, the owner (also known as Chuck) a number of times and he is like talking to an old friend. He will joke with you and tell you the problems and frustrations he had when he first started using a sewing machine. Very down to earth and friendly.

I moved my speed control to the back of the machine to learn to use the pantograph designs. The cord seemed too short. I could have corrected it by moving the machine back, but I would have lost quilting space. I called Chuck and asked him what I was doing wrong. He said the cord was too short and he would make up and send me a pig tail so I had adequate length to keep all my sewing surface intact. He also told me the problems they had with the thread breaking and wrapping around the take-up lever. He told me how they worked trying to find some way to prevent that. They have what they call a rubber boot. heck, I could not figure out how to get it on. So another call to Chuck. And then, they got a bad batch of light bulbs and they are sending some ot those too. He just laughs and tells you his "carefully guarded" secrets. (just joking!) You will find some of the nicest people to do business with. He knows who I am by now because I have called so often. But I am a satisfied customer.

I have finally gotten the "hang" of this machine and love it. I am ready to do borders, after making some of my own pantograph designs to use.
If you wish to write and ask more questions, we can do tht through PM.

Take your time and check out all the possibilities! So you won't regret that you bought something that will NOT do the job for you.