View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 AM
berryberry

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Yes that is exactly what I am going to do to berryberry as far as a different block each time. I am having to learn the contrast too. Hopefully, we will see more pictures soon too. I also ran into the problem of a nest when getting to the middle seams. I read some about them, but still not quite sure what to do. I have been pressing my seams open. I actually enjoy us being able to discuss these things on here. I don't always hear to much like that, but I guess us beginners would find it helpful. I know though a lot of it is in the making of the blocks. I really enjoy Rhonda's method. I don't feel as lost with her method, and more in control.
I haven't had a problem with nest YET. Oh, Please tell me more how you were running into it so I can learn from your experience. The only nests I heard of is due to tension on the back.
I did one of the Boston blocks with chevrons last month. The skill was to do half squares and keep the points, then to have all the points match. I just got a new machine so I was trying to find the 1/4. This machine won't let me do the index card trick and the needle doesn't sit in the middle. It's over to the left. I set the machine on 2.5 which gets the needle in the middle and does a sant 1/4, but I had a problem with total sizing of the block. Now I know it's 1.0. and live with the needle to the left.