Old 06-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
Hi, I've been wanting a new ironing board for a while - wider than 14" - and in my infinite (not) wisdom just gave my son my old board for his first apartment. What was I thinking?? Now I have no ironing board and can't decide what to choose.

Ultimately, I'll make a big board type attachment but for space purposes need a regular board that can be folded up.

I've seen the above-mentioned product - 18" wide - and wonder if anyone has used them. The Fibertech material is not what I'm accustomed to so I'm wondering if anybody has any thoughts on how well it works for steam ironing and how durable it is. It gets very good reviews on Amazon but not sure how well it works for quilters.

Thanks in advance,
Cathy
That board seems to have pretty good reviews other than the packaging and shipping problems. I had a board with that style of legs and it's very, very stable. The board I had was a wire mesh and eventually it warped in the center and wasn't flat anymore. The price of the Fibertech board is less than what I paid for the board I bought over 10 years ago.