Old 06-05-2013, 08:29 PM
foufymaus

Red face Kenmore 117.841... New Machine! AKA I got myself in trouble again.

LOL as the title implies, I went to the thrift and brought home another stray. Of course it's a Kenmore. *wink* yep. This makes my fourth Kenmore machine, my fifth total. The last one being a Singer Graduate. This machine apparently is a German Made Kreitzer, badged as a Sears Kenmore:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417425[/ATTACH]
This isn't the photo of my machine, it's one I found on the internet.

I just dragged my new baby in to the house so photos tomorrow before i start cleaning it. It came with a cabinet and several bobbins (different sizes) so i'll have to figure out which one it takes. Eight feet, the instruction manual, several different cams. A little metal tin, a tiny brush and several doohickies and bent needles, Buttons a zipper and oddly enough an old scooby doo comic book (little brother claimed that).

Just from looking it over, it needs a new bobbin ring, a good cleaning/oiling, it needs a rewire because the plug only has a little cardboard over the plug to keep the wires from being exposed. One of the thread posts (there's two) is bent and i need to figure out how to fix that without breaking it.

The cabinet is a light oak with two leaves that flip open like a book. The left side being longer than the right side. When those are open then you can swing the machine in to place.

If you're curious here's a bit more that i've found out about this new beauty. : http://mivintagesewingmachines.blogs...re-117841.html
Attached Thumbnails kenmore_gritzner_117.841.jpg