Old 06-06-2013, 05:16 AM
Cecilia S.

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Why would you sew zig zag on leather. I think if I were going to sew leather I would do it on something less rare like a 15 clone.
I don't know about the tension unless I had the machine on my bench. Does the manual have any info on the workings of the tension? Some times they have a drawing of the tension. Then you would have to look and compare. I would probably take the tension apart and put it back together but I do them all the time. If you aren't used to doing it you might want to get it serviced.
I was just doing the zig zag on leather to test out the stitching and see how it would look cosmetically. How come you would suggest doing it on something less rare - is there something about zig zagging (or sewing in general) on leather that might wear the machine?

I think I might disassemble the tension at some point; that is a good idea. There are no drawings in the manual, but I might keep looking... Otherwise, I figure if I take it apart carefully, one piece at a time, what could go wrong? ;-) Famous last words!

Thanks a lot for your input :-)