Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 12:06 PM
maryellen2u

I started a DWR years ago and did not finish it. The story is a long now but eventually I finishd it. I decided I would not hurry, I would work on it as long as I have emotional strength to do so and it would get done when it was done. Happily I finished it. While working on it I did so much thinking and remembering and alot of great emotional healing. I named it the journey quilt because it had travelled with me through so many trials, tribulations, changes and triumphs. It turned out so so beautiful! Truly an heirloom and the most gorgeous thing I ever made. I gave it to my youngest son when he graduated from medical school 2 years ago.
My point is, you just never know what a quilt will give to you and how it will end up. I do urge you though not to put it away again in the back of the closet. You've got a fantastic start, leave it out, lay all the pieces you have out and let it percolate and do a little talking to you. Then you'll know. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your finished project. But there is no deadline!!