View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 11:53 AM
hokieappmom

Originally Posted by JudeWill
Thanks so much for all the info--not too long at all. And now I'm jealous! I do have the basting motif, but really didn't realize what it is for. Now I will try it. One thing that intrigues me is the dual feed. Is that different from the walking foot? That was one feature I liked much more on my Pfaff. To engage the dual feed all you had to do was bring down a thing that went between the sides of the machine foot. You didn't have to change feet. I really appreciate your taking the time to tell me all this. ~Judy
Yes, the dual feed is different from the walking foot. It sounds like what you had on your Pfaff - an attachment slides down from the back and clips on to the foot. Not all feet for the 830 are for dual feed. I think it came with two that are dual feed and they are marked with a "D" after the number. I'm sure there will be more to come in the future. I'm just amazed at all the different presser feet Bernina has. If you mainly sew, the upgrade would not be worth it in my opinion, but if you embroider and/or quilt, the enhancements are a huge plus. I never used the basting stitch on my 730, but have on the 830 and like that feature. And ask away, I don't mind at all if I can help!