View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Maksi

Oh Deary, this little story is so full of love, tears in my eyes..such a beautiful message.

My DH always tell me I'm a silly woman whith al my fabrics and when I make my quiltblocks...very silly, yep, it makes him grin also, but he always go with me when I want to buy some fabrics and wait outside the store :) ...

I'm very sorry that your lost your DH. Big Hug for you.

Originally Posted by tarbender30
Before I got into quilting, I was big on crocheting. One year, my dear sweet departed hubby, all by himself, went to Mary Maxim and bought me a crochet case, complete with all the hooks. #1 I was shocked that he would even go in that type of store without me along, #2 I was again shocked that he would even have thought of that without asking me, "What do you want". I was so surprised when I opened it, all I could do was cry. He thought I was unhappy with it, that's why I was crying, but when I told him how happy he had made me, he just sat back with the biggest grin I have ever seen. Proud as a peacock. Now you have to understand that he always thought that what I was doing with all that yarn, was just plain "silly". He would NEVER go with me to buy yarn or anything "crafty" that I was doing, but he didn't mind me doing it. He alsways said that he would never go and buy me any "female" stuff or any yarn. No way, Not if it was the end of the world.....lol
Well, I have to say that just before he passed away, whenever I was working on something with my yarn, he would ask me, "Do you think you will need more? I'll go get it for you" And he did. He would sit and watch me for hours working on things with that "silly" yarn stuff. lol
God I miss him.