View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 06:20 AM
GramMER

Default Better Finished than Perfect

At the beginning of the year I had lots of questions about a Moda "Snow Days" quilt I wanted to do for my grandson, who had finished his chemo and was declared cancer free. See the old messages here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...s-t214214.html

Today I hope to post photos of that project and let you see how it turned out. When we returned home for visas, I was able to find a LAQer who did a splendid job of finishing it for me.

The borders are only on the sides and bottom, because a border at the top would have made the quilt too long. If I do this pattern again, I will know to use one less row of the main blocks to make room for a full border. I can't win them all I guess.

The pictures are taken at our eldest daughter's home and you will see a granddaughter with my daughter and me--holding the quilt in the outside photo. The other two pictures are inside the house. I had hoped the colors would show up better outside, but they all look about the same. It did not occur to me at the time to get a close-up to show the quilting detail, but you can be sure it was great. The LAQ did a wonderful job.
Attached Thumbnails mnmfinished2.jpg   mnmfinished3.jpg   mnmfinished1.jpg.png