View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 06:47 AM
onaemtnest

Oh I agree with MissPriss and LynnVT that indeed we've witnessed changes in technology. Where I think this technology is great is the amount of information this will allow us to attach to a quilt that a label cannot encompass. Like Lynn every quilt I make has a label attached but I'm limited to the amount of information, unless I want a label as big as the quilt attached to the back. :0)

What this little tag along with a label will allow is perhaps a video, a document telling hmm let's say the fabric line, the reason I used a particular print, "All flannel is from Grandpa's shirts", then go on telling Grandpa's biography.....leaving information that again, might be lost to future owners of the quilt.

I don't know that every quilt will have one of these QR tags but for me, for now, I think that this is a fantastic resource to attach to certain quilts that I want to leave a bit more information than I normally attach to the label. Ask Dawn 'SewnSewer2' who makes incredible embroidered labels for all my quilts...my labels are usually huge. So along with a label I'm excited to have the option to add more information should I choose.

Is the technology going to change? Without a doubt, but I think for $2.99 this little treasure will be on every family quilt next to one of Sewnsewer2 embroidered labels.

Then I'll trust that should this stkr tag become obsolete there will be technology to retrieve the information that without the stkr tag there would be no information to retrieve at all....As many quilts today have lost their history through time.

Just my humble opinion.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-07-2013 at 11:09 AM.