Old 06-07-2013, 08:52 AM
dabbler312

SHHHHHHHH - I'm just popping in to check on everyone - I'm working on my project for jaba - FINALLY. It's a sewing half day for me - I'm happy to have a day off from work because I can and if they don't like it - to bad. We have theatre tickets for Kill me Deadly - it's our girls night out (group of ten tonight) - dinner at Olive Garden and the play.
In the mean time I had to double check information for my project; jaba is a dear - she's been waiting for a month now for me to get off my duff and get busy on her project. I'm hoping to finish it over the weekend and mail out Monday.

Brat thank you for taking me down memory lane - when I was a kid we played kick the can after dark (sometimes there was 20 kids out playing); when it was time to go in the front porch light came on and if you weren't home in ten minutes from that light coming on you were grounded for three whole days. We walked or rode bikes all over the countryside - we had friends that lived five miles from our place and we rode bikes to and from each others house - we were 6 and 7 years old; my brother and I ran pocket gopher trap lines and ventured quite a distance from home in search of the little critters - the township paid a fifty cent bounty per gopher - guess that's how we learned the lesson if you wanted money you had to go out and earn it; if it was market day you rode along to the grocery store but stayed in the car while your mom shopped - times certainly have changed. Need to get back to jaba's project.

You all have a wonderful day.