Old 06-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Sallyjane

I meant no offense. When posting pictures on this board, I normally give a little back story to the quilt I've made. Most of the quilts I make are gifts, and a lot of heart, thought and prayer goes into each one. When I post pictures it is not just about technique, fabric and pattern used. Each quilt has a story to tell and I like to share those stories with my fellow quilters. I thought this was a safe place to do so. You are all such a wonderful bunch, and can usually relate to the stories. Lily is definitely a gift from God, as I know your son is as well. Give him an extra big hug from one of your quilting buddies, Sally.
Originally Posted by quilt queen View Post
Being a mother of a "downs child" I agree with Oh Munner, why do people need to point out the this quilt or anything is for a child with downs syndrome? Would they do it if the child was blonde, chubby, blind, black or white? My son is now 46 years old, and all his life I have found people who label him..and it makes my blood boil...he is not "downs", he is a gift from God and God didn't put a label on him...people did.