Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Rose_P

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I agree with Tashana. On the label you could reference your mother like "This quilt was to become a loving memory for a daughter by her mother, but was finished by the daughter in loving memory of her mother." You could insert your names and approximate date started and then the finishing date. Leave your mothers stitches in and finish with yours. I wouldn't rip one stitch out. Every time you look at that quilt you can point out to everyone which stitches she lovingly created for you. I would look at each stitch as a gift from her heart to yours.
Tessagin has said this just right. I hope you do finish it and make an informative label. You will be glad you did and will not see the imperfections any more than I would notice them in your pictures. Your mother made about as pretty a DWR top as I've seen. I love her choice of fabrics. If you have to fill in the holes, maybe you can tuck in little bits of very similar fabric and hand stitch around them, turning the top fabric in as in needle turned applique. That type of patch would be effective and hard to spot, especially after it's quilted. Good luck with it.