Old 06-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Nanamoms

Default Update on yellowed satin/ring bearer pillow

Success!!!! I ordered the Retro Clean www.retroclean.com and followed the directions. Took a couple of days because I put it out in the sunshine to really do a good job! It works great...even the delicate lace came back white. This is 35 yo lace and satin!!

I made the ring bearer pillow and on front I put a 3" wide section of the lace about 1/3 from top. Then I embroidered the couple's first name, wedding date and wedding bells on the bottom 2/3rd. To bring in their colors, I used aqua tulle and wrapped it around the pillow and tied in back. Then I added long white 1/4 in white ribbon and 1/4 shorter aqua ribbon. For a finishing sentimental touch, we attached my mom and dad's wedding bands to the pillow. They would be the groom's great grandmother and grandfather. I thought my grandson was going to cry!!

I also tied love knots in the aqua ribbon....2 on one side and 1 on the other side...representing them and the coming baby. My grandson did cry at that. My new granddaughter was just thrilled and she said it touched her that I did all of this for them.

It was the sweetest ceremony...and yes, I cried a little!! After all, he is my first grandchild and I've had him for 23 years!!! LOL

NOW YALL CAN CHASTISE ME FOR NOT MAKING A PICTURE OF IT!! It was just so hectic. I will get a pic and post later!!