View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 05:49 AM
whateverslovely

Default Worth all the headaches...

I've become addicted to quilting. There, I said it! Anyway, my husband has watched me putting together quilts for everyone around me and began sulking that I hadn't made him one. Little did he know that I had secretly been working on a quilt for his Christmas present last year. He had found a wall hanging-size quilt that he really liked, but I told him there was no way I could translate the 18x20inch design into a full sized one. So, he was very disappointed and mentioned every chance he got how much he would have liked a quilt like that wall hanging.

I spent hours and hours working on the math that would help me figure out the full sized pattern and give me an idea of how much fabric to buy (math is NOT my strong suit!). But, I did it and got it made, quilted and ready to give him on Christmas morning. He was beyond surprised and very happy. He uses it all the time when watching TV and thanks me every time. Worth every minute of the brain-aching number crunching!

Here it is. I call it "Let's Be (Almost) Frank" because it is based loosely on a Frank Lloyd Wright stained glass window design:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417840[/ATTACH] Before the binding & backing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417841[/ATTACH] Christmas morning
Attached Thumbnails 2012-06-21-14.37.15.jpg   daves-quilt.jpg