View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Cutebuns has already said that she is thinking of doing a machine embroidered top for one of these boxes, and I intend to make a second one with a machine quilted lid (done on my emb. module) - I have several designs approx 6in diameter.

Don't forget these boxes can be for other uses too. What about one for babies, (cotton balls, cotton buds, pacifiers, powder etc.) We have several new Grandmas on the board at the moment.

Or as an extra special gift box filled with bathroom products, soaps etc. that can be used for needlework once the bathroom things have been removed.

Once I have made my second one for a gift, I intend to make a larger one for me, perhaps 10in across. I have a large print on order to fussy cut the lid, and will use two hexagon cards stuck together before covering for this, to give some more strength. Whatever size you end up doing, just remember to make the lining cards about .25in smaller all around than the outside card shapes. And please post pics when you have done them. PLEASE.