View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 07:45 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Default Carpenter's Star Wallhanging

When I received this CS quilt done in all solids I practically started salivating like Pavlov's dog!
Because quilting shows on solids like all get out and I love that. To get ideas for the quilting I searched images on the web to see how other LA quilters had treated and found a drop dead gorgeous one quilted by Bethanne Nemesh of White Arbor Quilting in Pennsylvania http://www.whitearborquilting.com/ visit her gallery to see the quilt that inspired me. It is a blue and white CS. Loads of other eye candy there too!

The inner blue border was a technique outline on a Carla Barrett's Blog for feathering and she had this great border treatment. Easy and fun once you got the rhythm. Here is a link to her site: http://featheredfibers.wordpress.com...ksheet-series/

I switched thread color with every color on this quilt and matched the bobbin to the top. I Love how it looks on the back and if this were mine I would put hang tabs on it rather than a sleeve so I could display it both ways depending on my mood. I will be sad to see this one go back to its owner! I hope she likes what I did.

Techy stuff: 2 layers of batting. 80/20 on bottom, Hobbs Polydown on top. All freehand and ruler work. Quilted on my 26" Innova.

The whole quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417871[/ATTACH]

Close up of the center star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417872[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]417873[/ATTACH]

This is the design inspired by Bethanne of White Arbor, the curved cross hatch in the black part. I changed out the feathering though.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417874[/ATTACH]

And the back! Can we say Love??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]417875[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417876[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc04202.jpg   dsc04203.jpg   dsc04206.jpg   dsc04201.jpg   dsc04211.jpg  

dsc04218.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-30-2019 at 03:58 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps