Old 02-19-2008, 02:58 PM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by Skeat
I might be sticking the spool in my mouth...but, have to say that I 'cheated' on my 1/4"!:0)I will when I can ever remember to...buy a 1/4" foot for my machine. Until then, I used a ruler to mark the exact 1/4" and marked my foot w/a marker perm. pen:))I tried that sewing tape and it did work for awhile, but, one would need to put packing tape over it to keep it from wanting to roll after awhile.:))So, here is a cheap solve for awhile:))Skeat
Gerl! that is NOT cheating. that's just plain smart! why spend fabric $$$ on something you don't need? :P
i don't think anyone has implied that everyone must have and use a quarter-inch foot. they're just sharing their success stories with those who are thinking of getting one for themselves.

except for the brother foot i mentioned earlier, i have been totally unimpressed and underwhelmed by every quarter-inch foot i've tried. (luckily, they were all included with my machines. i'd have been pretty irritated if i'd bought them for extra cash. :lol: )

so many people enjoy using them, i've decided that my own disappointment with them must just be another one of the many ways in which i'm an incurable oddball. :roll: