Old 06-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Teddybear Lady

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
A lot of you ladies, have been praying for me with my diabetes. Well I went in yesterday for a follow up, lab work done last week. In January, my A1C was 13.9, it is now down to 7.6, cholestrol was over 350, it is now under 200. Weight is going down very slow but that is ok, I went from 180 up to 223, now I am back down to 202 since the beginning of the year. I was started back on insulin which caused the weight gain. Now that I am much better regulated it is finally going down. I had put that weight on in less than 2 months. So was getting very fustrated and fightng depression. The only thing the doctor wants me to add to my plan of action is more exercise, which should help bring the weight down more.

Well I am off to try something new, I saw that if you soak your strawberries in a vineagar/water mixture, it helps keep them fresher longer. So I am going to try it and will let you know how it goes.

Have a quilty weekend.
So glad you are doing better. It is depressing to be doing all the right things and still gain weight. I think I've finally broke through another plateau. I've switched up my food choices a little and am moving around a little more. I get stuck in a rut with my food choices and get bored. My taste buds think I'm cheating when I switch and have something else for a change. Example...I was eating an orange every day but have switched to cantaloupe for now. An occasional apple with my two teaspoons of peanut butter is now a treat. Peanut butter is considered a fat on my food plan. If I don't get bored, I'm more likely to stick with my food plan. Of course, drinking lots of water is always good for me too.

Your test result numbers are looking good. Being healthy is the main reason for my continuing on with this weight loss. I got tired of being tired all the time.

You are doing great! Thanks for keeping us posted and motivated.