Old 06-08-2013, 05:17 PM
janRN

Anne, you and all the ladies here got me through this very tough last year. We are all here for you. I tend to go off by myself when I feel overwhelmed; sewing is my greatest "medication".

Went to the outlet store. Oh my--awesome is the only way I can describe it. It's an old converted barn with rows and rows of bolts of fabric, lots of flat cuts, lots of "cheater" panels, rows of Thimbleberries, rows of Civil War prints, etc. One whole wall was 108" backing in every style from batiks to flannels to any color imaginable---and it was $10.00 per yard. I got a couple of 1/4 yard cuts-enough yardage for blocks. Also got backing for 2 projects and of course more fabric. The fabric was $3.00 to $7.00 per yard and 99% of it wasn't seconds. I was pleasantly surprised. A nice older couple own it; he quilts and she works the store. They're usually closed on Saturdays but if you call and have a group of 10 or more they'll open for you. There were 12 of us and they really liked us so gave us 10% off all our purchases. Mine filled a shopping bag and I still spent under $100. There were no notions, patterns, etc., not even a bathroom but for the price and variety of fabrics, I'll go back again. Had a great day.