View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 05:02 PM
LucyInTheSky

I'm listing my house for sale tomorrow and one of the home-selling-suggestions I've read is to reduce the amount of clutter in your house, with the reason being you want people to imagine themselves and their stuff there, instead of thinking "omg, look at all the sh... stuff this person has". And what I'm doing now is going through the house and figuring out what stuff I can live without for 1-2 months while the new house is being remodeled.

So anyway, yesterday's project was packing up the quilting closet. I have a closet with shelves, that is filled (literally, floor to ceiling) with fabric/quilt tops/notions/etc. I filled 2 2ftx2ftx2ft boxes... filled! And I didn't even get to the bookshelf of fat quarters.

And it got me thinking... it's a little ridiculous. I love buying fabrics and having a stash and all that, but to fill up those huge boxes with stuff I know I won't touch in the next 2 months, that seems crazy! I spent good $ on this stuff, to ... sit in my closet for all of eternity? Lots of fabric, lots of UFOs (I've started on them but not finished a quilt top), lots of finished quilt tops, so much that is "in progress"

So I'm thinking the theme for 2010 will be FINISH IT! :lol: