Thread: Christmas 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 04:01 AM
teacherbailey

Originally Posted by doodle07quilts View Post
Hello,
I was wondering if any of you have started to make Christmas gifts, and if so, what are you making?
I need ideas
Thanks Much and Happy Quilting
I am working on two simple quilts for my grandsons. Sent them (with their Mom's help) to equilter.com to pick out fabrics; I am making one Sock Monkeys quilt (have that top done already!) and one that is a whole-cloth top of a bunch of superheroes all together....a very busy print. Have to piece that one together, as equilter had just a few random-sized pieces left. As they live in Salt Lake City, I will back both with fleece and do some minimal straight line quilting to hold it all together. Their mom will be getting one too: I found her flat sheet from her childhood bedroom and will use that as the backing for a quilt.....the boys will pick out the fabrics for it when they visit at the end of June. May not be my most coordinated or prettiest quilt ever, but she will love it! Probably going to use a Trip Around the World design and 6" or so squares so the fabrics are the focus. Can't wait to see what the boys think she will like....it will definitely be interesting!