Old 06-09-2013, 04:39 AM
DustysMomma

Nancia, unless something drastic happens between now and lunchtime Monday, I'll be home Monday night. The main purpose of this visit is to say goodbye. He stayed away from family functions the last few years because it's so much trouble to go anywhere with his wheelchair, and he has to be careful where he goes, especially visiting people's homes, which might not be wheelchair accessible. As the saying goes, "If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain." Now that he's bedridden, it's no longer a choice for any reason.

Yesterday they finally got an answer from the doctor, who by the way hasn't examined him in person and is only going by what his mother told him. He's determined that the episode that prompted all this was likely just a 1-time episode and there was no reason to put him in hospice at this time or worry about any additional treatment. The cousin I'm staying with said you can hear how badly he needs to cough, and that he's panting more than breathing, short shallow breaths. It's going to be pneumonia that takes him in the end. The nurse cousin that is supposed to go with us today I'm hoping can be of help in determining just how bad off he is. She has fibromyalgia though, and if she wakes up like she felt last night, said she might not go.

I shall look forward to my beautiful runner! I'm sure since you made it that it will be wonderful. Every ray of sunshine is welcome in my life!