View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 07:18 AM
craftychick

Default Finally finished Queen sized quilt

Finally, after 8 months, heel spur injections and knee surgery my first Queen sized bed quilt is finished. It started out as a practice Queen sized quilt because I never made one this large before. I bought the Timeless Treasures Royal Peacock collection fabric. Every piece in the collection. I showed it to my daughter and she fell in love with it. She asked what I was going to do with it and I said I didn't know. It was soooo pretty I just had to have it. My daughter has since gotten engaged and now I know that I'm making her a Queen sized quilt for her wedding shower with the peacock fabric. I wanted to make one for my bed first as trial and error. I usually make wall quilts up to twin sized and do my best at quilting them. I don't have a longarm machine nor am I very good at FMQ. I have asked Charisma to quilt the peacock quilt for me when it's done because the fabric is breathtaking and I want the quilting to be also. The quilt I have posted today is Eleanor Burns Lovers Knot and the backing is plain red. Enjoy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]417983[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]417985[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]417987[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0002-copy.jpg   img_0001-800x585-.jpg   img_0002-800x590-.jpg