Old 06-09-2013, 09:32 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Posts #4177 ----->#4270

OKSGlad ... better keep the chiro visits frequent and be sure you are tuned up well before your big trip! Great design with so much thought for the 50th gift. They will really appreciate it. Large enough to be practical for use ... and even could be a wall hanging, for the "right" spot! BTW the fabric you described, is it the one I am thinking about ... I used it in one of the quilts for the Story of Butter last year, and showed it at the Fair this weekend.

DublB ... glad you got home safely. Now for some pics please of OKSGlad's and GrannyQ's blocks! And yes, maybe they are posted after I stopped reading! .... and if not ... here's a nudge to do so!

Anael ... so glad to know that Isa's eyes had the treatment. Do they know now that it is a success? Or is it something to learn with time?

JanRN ... patience! And you know what they say to do for FMQ success, drink some wine first! Great gift for the fundraiser. Should be a popular item at the event.

MiraB ... oh I love that afghan. Like all your work, the colours are perfect! I used to crochet a lot, seldom do now. Even made a full sized tablecloth when I was married, for our dining room table!

MercysLand ... Thank you for your kind words! the PC as you will have seen by now has been quilted and shown. I'll be taking a full pic of it hopefully this week, if the weather cooperates! The FWS tan is actually a rich gold, with some metallic bits in it. Might be a fusions? not sure!

QNSue ... looks like some good finds in your FART trip! How may shops are in this Iowa State Hop? Hope youare getting CarrieM's? All of you MidWest Ladies should have a meet up at one of the Hop's Shops!

JanieW ... great pics of your flowers, but the BEST are the twins with Audrey! I have a sea of blue forget-me-nots across the edge of my bush right now. Last week, I planted some that I got from a friend, that when established will be weed-like and give lots of yellow all summer.

GGal ... crockpots magnify the potency of spices, so rule of thumb, use less. Hopefully it wasn't too overpowering. However, some like it that way! Looking forward to seeing pics of all these finishes of yours. Good Luck with your consignment selling.

And now ... I'd better get my act together ... and get outta here and get ready to be "on the road again"!