Old 06-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Cecilia S.

Some observations on the Tension Assembly:

-Firstly, the pieces in the photos I put up are dirty and grimy; I took them as I was disassembling the bits, to document which order/orientation they were in. Don't worry, I cleaned everything nicely before re-assembling!

-Now that the spring springs, there is no need whatsoever to thread through the tiny puzzling loop at the end of the tension spring. However, I remain puzzled by the photos in the manual (which I posted earlier today), which do appear to show it threaded through that little loop. Any comments?

-The only uncertainty I have about the orientation of the components is the pin inside the tension stud. It fell out before I could notice, one end of it is slightly rounded and the other is flush flat. I could not reason out which end should face into the machine and which end should face out. Does anyone have a suggestion?

(Amelia, when you disassemble yours, kindly note which orientation this pin is/was in, just for reference? Thanks!)

This was quite fun, and I am now going to go do the same thing on my old White 755!

-C.