Old 06-09-2013, 02:11 PM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
DM call a ambulance when you get there. They will take him in and he can get properly evaluated, bed sores can change so quickly and get infected, let alone what you are saying about his lungs. Also check with the area council of aging, maybe call in a social worker, I don't beilieve a dr can evaluate a person by what someone else says. I hope you other cousin is able to go!!!!!
The antibiotics did seem to help. He was alert and out of bed today, so perhaps the immediate crisis on that issues is averted. She talked to him some, and said that he's not in any shape psychologically, because of the progression of the disease, to even appoint a medical power of attorney at this point. However, his breathing seems to have him out of the woods for now near as she can tell. My uncle said he has an appt with the doctor to have his catheter changed, so I'm hoping that they will look at him a little closer than that then. His mother came in while we were there and dropped off a few things and said she would be back later. There are other things going on there that I won't get into here, but I'm irritated with his care. On a positive note, his ex-wife isn't morning in, only her mother is to help mostly with his teenage daughter and 6 yr old son. His daughter had a friend sleepover last night and they snuck out of the house. Not a good thing for him to have to deal with right now. (