View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Friday1961

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
A question: Do you think the repair shop should offer a refund when you have to make a second trip to get your machine fixed from a mistake the repair shop made to it? I had to take my machine back to get a glaring mistake corrected after having the machine just out of the shop. I brought the machine back and asked what type of refund would I get for having to bring the machine back again and wasting a half day of my time. My friend who was with me thought I shouldn't have asked for a refund. I got a 30% off of the repair price I already paid so it paid to speak up. It was the repair shop's mistake, not the machines.
Absolutely, I do. Why should you pay for their error? They should fix it as good customer service and if not, I'd try to find another.

I had my Singer GT&S fixed last year -- finally I had a broken or worn out gear after 30 years of using it! -- and a month or so later I had to take it back for (possibly) a like problem. They charged me for the new part but not for the labor. Their reasoning, I think, was that they should have caught the second problem when they fixed the first one. Even so, sewing machine repair is apparently not cheap, I'm learning (first time that machine had EVER been in for repairs), running $100 plus, no matter what they do.