Old 06-10-2013, 07:49 AM
pyffer3

Default Ever had a quilt that everything went wrong from the beginning?

I planned a quilt for my hubby. Everything went wrong from the first cut. I forgot to take into account the 1 inch strips that I used to frame each square. So, of course that meant that nothing was matching or evening out from that point on. Well, I thought I would just cut each block square knowing I would loose fabric. I got the blocks together and the top finished, then I sandwiched and began to quilt. After I had quilted around each block (in the black 1 inch strips) I laid the quilt down to trim around the ends and discovered the batting was crooked and so was the backing. I just trimmed anyway and instead of making a binding I am just going to use the large sashing and fold over. I really do not like this one and have found mistakes all over it....like a nick in the fabric when I trimmed a thread too close (you can't tell it unless you know it is there - like me). I will have it finished by Father's Day and I know he will love it, but I feel really bad that out of 5 quilts I have completed so far this one is by far the worst of the lot! Anybody else ever had this type of situation and what did you do? Don't ask for pictures as I would really feel embarrassed to show this work to such an esteemed group of quilters as you all!!!